Sunday, September 11, 2011

An Ozma Original

Since everyone is so excited that Marvel Comics' Ozma of Oz is finally out in hardcover, I thought I'd finally share my favorite acquisition from this year's San Diego Comic Con - this page of original Ozma art by Skottie Young.


I really adore this page! I love the long shot of the Nome King's throne room, I love the expressions on Dorothy and Ozma's faces, and I love the panel showing Roquat. He seems so exactly how I always imagine the Nome King - sorta like a manipulative, spoiled, sort of charmingly rotten version of Santa Claus. And there's so much story communicated in these three panels - even with the word balloons missing!

If you don't yet have a copy of the hardcover collection of Ozma of Oz, we have copies (autographed by writer Eric Shanower) available at our on-line store. Click here to check it out!

No comments: