Friday, October 8, 2010

The Little Wizard Strikes Again!

This edition of The Wizard of Oz is even tinier than the one in the blog a few days ago!

This very small hardcover volume measures 3-7/8" by 2-3/4" and it is about 1/4" thick. It was in a bin of assorted Christmas ornaments when I found and purchased it. The only publication data in the book says that it was published by Pleasant Company Incorporated. I think I got it around 1989.

It may have been meant as a Christmas ornament as it does not contain the entire story. But the 45 pages it does contain are a facsimile of late Bobbs Merrill printings. This little volume contains all the pages from the  beginning of the book until page 34 in the chapter "The Road through the Forest."

In any case, it's quite cute! Below you can get a better idea of the actual size of the volume. I know there is a dollhouse-size version of Wizard out there somewhere - but I don't have one!

No comments: