Thursday, December 15, 2011

We're Off to Blog the Wizard!

I'm delighted to announce that I am a guest blogger today on The New York Public Library's "Musical of the Month" series discussing the 1903 Wizard of Oz musical.

An initial post yesterday by blogger and NYPL Digital Curator Doug Reside included a digital version of Baum's 1903 copyright deposit script.

Many of you probably know I've been quite fascinated with this particular show for the last decade or so and am working to finish my long overdue book on the show. I've also produced the award-winning 2 CD set Vintage Recordings from the 1903 Broadway Musical The Wizard Of Oz which earned Grammy nomination as "Best Historical Album" of 2003.

Anyway, go on over and read my guest blogging antics on the NYPL site by clicking here.

http://www.nypl.org/blog/2011/12/15/musical-month-production-history-1903-oz

No comments: