Monday, February 7, 2011

A Sad Loss

I just received word that John R. Neill's youngest daughter, Joan Neill Farnsworth, passed away on January 28, 2011. She and her husband Don had both been hospitalized with pneumonia for the last two weeks and were improving. But Don caught a virus and passed away on January 27th and Joan died the next day.

Joan was a good friend over the years, generously allowing Hungry Tiger Press to reprint rare drawings and showing us her wonderful collection of her father's artwork. She will be sadly missed. I will post some more detailed memories of Joan later in the week.

The Holiday card below, drawn by Neill, shows his three girls. Joan, of course, is the littlest one on the left. John R. Neill's eldest daughter, Natalie Neill Mather is still living and we send her and Joan's family our deepest condolences.

4 comments:

Glenn Ingersoll said...

David, I'm glad you have been able to make connections with people like Joan. I'm sure you've succeeded in making the Oz experience the richer for the rest of us by it. My condolences.

David Maxine said...

Thanks, Glenn

Anonymous said...

This really is sad, I met her once and she was such a lovely person


Edmund

Unknown said...

I think I can speak for my family in thanking you David, for mentioning my mothers passing and remembering her passion for all things OZ.
Brian Farnsworth