Monday, February 7, 2011

A Belated Ozzy Christmas Present

A friend just gave me a slightly late Christmas gift . It's a charming, and very Ozzy pencil case and pen. They were obtained at Mitsukoshi, a Japanese shop at Epcot Center in Disney World. I don't know much about them except that they're cute and well made. The metal case has Oz scenes printed on its interior as well.


The back of the case says designed by Shinzi Katoh. After much poking around online i found the same image used on some other Japanese Oz collectibles, too.  It's interesting they don't refer to The Wizard of Oz at all, only "Wonderland of Oz" and the slogan "Can we find the country of Oz?"

I think it's very spiffy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have a few of those Japanese Oz items. I'll have to dig through my collection and post photos.