Sunday, February 5, 2012

Sis Sez Sunday - 76


Poor Sis is in quite a lather this week! I think this might be one of Thompson's better Sis Sez poems - but it looks to me like Marge drew Sis wearing the bathing cap she's lamenting the loss of.

This installment of Marge and Ruth Plumly Thompson's SIS SEZ page first appeared in King Comics, No. 61, in May 1940. If you love Marge's Little Lulu you're sure to get a kick out of Sis!

Please note that if you click on the image it will expand to a full-size version which will make it much easier to read! All of the other blog images will similarly enlarge.

2 comments:

Sam said...

Before I read the comment, I was expecting the poem to be about "Don't turn the tap somewhere else in the house when I'm in the shower, or you'll make my shower cold then hot".

saintfighteraqua said...

Definitely one of my favorites so far!
Maybe Sis' mother or whoever that is was running hot water in another room? :)
I really wish we had someone like Miss Thompson to do our "funny papers" today instead of all the political rigmarole we have to deal with.
She was one of a kind.

By the way, have you ever compiled all of these and offered them for sale?